Despite increased exposure, better corporate governance, and general increased awareness, financial, and other types of fraud are not going away. While financial fraud includes the increasing problem of identity theft and other nontraditional crimes, the focus of investigative accounting remains on the uses of accounting systems and circumventing controls to achieve personal financial gain at the expense of the organization.
Investigative accounting cannot be undertaken without some knowledge of accounting principles. That is the main reason this course is placed near the end of the specialization, so you can take advantage of previous learning and apply the concepts to analyzing and solving investigative accounting issues.
In this initial assessment, we will be exploring a piece of the investigative accounting world by looking at the role of forensics as an auditing tool, its place in the accounting world, and identifying opportunities and organizations that support the work of investigative accounting. We will also explore the accounting legal environment.
For this assessment, you must analyze four case studies and write responses to the listed items for each case study.Â Reviewing the resources for this assessment will give you a good start toward preparing for the assessment.
Southeast AgÂ Supply Company is looking into a merger with another AgÂ supply company in a neighboring territory. Southeastâ€™s Internal Auditor has hired a forensic accounting firm to investigate the merger candidate. In relation to this scenario, write responses to the following questions:
- What types of investigations should the forensic accounting firm conduct?
- What types of outside assistance might help the forensic accounting firm conduct a thorough investigation?
Write responses to the following:
- Are there differences in the investigations a forensicÂ accountant would undertake for a civil matter versus a criminal matter?
- What are the similarities in the nature of the investigations?
- Are the expected outcomes of the investigations the same? What are the similarities, and what are the differences?
- What specialized training would the forensic accountant needÂ to conduct the different investigations? Explain.
Reasonable assurance is a concept that relies heavily on internal control, but Amber Johnson, the chief compliance officer of the Holly Company, has doubts about the effectiveness of reasonable assurance. She has demanded complete compliance with all processes related to the compilation of the financial statements. She said, â€œAs long as I am the compliance officer here, we will have a perfectly monitored system that absolutely prevents fraud or misstatements in our financial statements.â€ Derek Lodge, the controller, disagrees with Amber Johnson. He feels that requiring more than reasonable assuranceÂ costs too much and is impossible to implement.
Write responses to the following:
- Do you agree with Derek Lodge or Amber Johnson? Explain.
- Is preventing all financial statementÂ fraud or misstatement an unattainable goal? Explain.
- Suppose the internal auditor reports to the CEO. Does that complicate the goal of preventing all financial statementÂ fraud or misstatements? Explain.
Total Fresh Products manufactures and distributes snack foods. Total Fresh Products is being audited for the first time by Rachel Fancy, a partner in a local CPA firm. Early in the audit, Rachel uncovered that the CEO had acquired a home media system, a Mercedes Benz, and an exercise pool for his personal use. These items were delivered to the CEOâ€™s home, and they were recorded in the accounting records as professional services. On Total Fresh Productsâ€™ most recent federal tax return, the items were included in deductible business expenses.
Write responses to the following:
- What should Rachel Fancy do with the information she has uncovered?
- What impact should the discovery have on how she proceeds with the audit?
- How should the findings be reflected in her audit opinion report?
- Written communication:Â Written communication should be free from errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length:Â 4â€“5 pages.
- Font and font size:Â New Times Roman, 12-point.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze the environment surrounding financial and forensic auditing.
- Analyze special training a forensic accountant would need to conductÂ civil and criminal investigations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and practicality of reasonable assurance versus complete compliance for internal control procedures.
- Analyze the effect of reporting relationships on the attainment of complete compliance for internal control procedures.
- Evaluate how the discovery of business funds used for a CEOâ€™s personal purchases should affect decisions about client engagement and an audit opinion report.
- Competency 2:Â Assess the background, practice, and methods of conducting an audit.
- Analyze the types of investigations a forensicÂ auditor would conduct and outside assistance the auditor might seek to evaluate a merger candidate.
- Competency 3:Â Examine various types of forensic and non-forensic audits.
- Compare the investigations a forensic accountant would conduct and expected outcomes in a civil versus a criminal matter.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of accounting.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of accounting.
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!