Every human and social services organization may be thought of as its own small ecosystem, operating within the larger ecosystem of the community it serves. The cultural backgrounds of the employees that work at an organization, as well as those of the clients served by the organization, can potentially form a complex matrix of interactions. As professionals bound by laws (e.g., Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964) and by various codes of ethics that are profession-specific (e.g., the NOHS standards), human and social services professionals and the agencies they work within are committed to nondiscrimination and ethical adherence.
There is, however, a difference between adhering to laws and ethics and providing truly culturally sensitive services for client populations. For this Discussion, you explore agency guidelines related to culture and cultural sensitivity and look for possible violations of these guidelines (some of which may be unintentional or well-meaning).
- Choose a local human or social services agency that you are familiar with and find at least one possible violation of the agencys guidelines with respect to cultural sensitivity.
- Consider the following questions as you review the agencys guidelines:
- Are there professionals who come from the same ethnic groups served?
- Are professionals given training on self-reflection in order to be aware of potential bias or or imposing their own values?
- Are alternative healing practices needed and implemented?
- How do the cultures in this community view mental health?
- Are assessments biased in terms of worldview or linguistic accessibility?
- Are interpreters available for all language groups?
- Are there cultural differences in symptoms or disorders?
- Are microaggressions evident?
- Are services restricted based on religious principles?
- Are there rules that may apply unequally between women and men?
By Day 3
Posta description of the agency you chose. Next, explain how this agency addresses the issues of ethics training in relation to maintaining appropriate boundaries and cultural sensitivity. Give an example of how the agency responded to a possible violation of their guidelines. Explain how you would have addressed the situation differently and why.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH STUDENT ASSIGNMENT AID TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT